Friday, January 14, 2011

EARLY, EARLY MORNING



Well, thanks to my very kind friend named Betty I am adding to my blog finally. It's been over a year since I've been able to resume work on it. I found I really missed it and am so grateful to Betty for her help.

Because of an extremely difficult time in our family I was unable to paint last year from January to September. Finally, I was able to pick up a brush again. I was beginning to think it might never happen. What a relief when it did. I was sitting on my patio enjoying a cup of coffee and the peace and quiet and beauty of the morning. I walked out onto our rock patio just as the sun was peeking through the trees and was very inspired. I can't tell you how good it felt to paint. It especially felt good to paint outside and be able to capture something from my garden. As a result I started a garden miniature series. I've been painting adding to it on a regular basis.

11x14
0il on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment